Detecting Drunk Drivers in New Hampshire – Vehicle in Motion
New Hampshire police officers and State Troopers are trained to look for potential drunk drivers on New Hampshire roadways. The following list of twenty-four (24) clues of impairment is taught to New Hampshire law enforcement officers at the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Academy, as indicators of DWI. These twenty-four (24) clues, which were developed as a result of research sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) are specifically used by police officers to detect nighttime drunk driving. The twenty-four (24) clues are as follows:
- Weaving Across Lane Lines
- Straddling A Lane Line
- Turning With A Wide Radius
- Almost Striking Object Or Vehicle
- Stopping Problems
- Accelerating Or Decelerating Rapidly
- Varying Speed
- Slow Speed (10 miles per hour + below limit)
- Driving In Opposing Or Crossing Traffic
- Slow Response To Traffic Signals
- Slow Or Failure To Respond To Officer’s Signals
- Stopping In Lane For No Apparent Reason
- Driving Without Headlights At Night
- Failure to Signal or Signaling Inconsistent With Actions
- Following Too Closely
- Improper Or Unsafe Lane Change
- Turning Illegally Or Abruptly
- Driving On Other Than Designated Highway
- Stopping Inappropriately In Response To Officer
- Inappropriate Or Unusual Behavior
- Appearing To Be Drunk
If you have been arrested and charged with a NH DUI for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the DWI lawyers at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. are here to help. Our skilled New Hampshire criminal defense lawyers represent individuals charged with DWI throughout the State of New Hampshire.
Call today for a free telephone consultation at (888) 332-5855.
"The team at Tenn And Tenn are hands down the best legal representation I have had the pleasure to work with."Justin B.
"I could not have been more fortunate to have selected the offices of Tenn & Tenn. 10/5 stars!"Davin S.
"Had I not hired John Tenn as my attorney, I don't think I would have gotten nearly as much from my settlement as I did."Darren S.
A Family Firm
We are a family committed to providing excellent service to our clients.
Statewide ServiceWe work hard to obtain the best results possible for clients throughout New Hampshire.
Trial-Tested AttorneysOur lawyers are experienced courtroom advocates who are ready to take your case to trial to obtain justice.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our award-winning legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 332-5855.