New Hampshire DUI Defense Attorneys
NH Sobriety Checkpoints/DUI Roadblocks
It happens every so often, and there is not much you can do about it. You're driving down the road, and all of a sudden, the cars ahead of you begin to slow down. You roll down your window and stick your head out. Then you see the blue flashing lights emanating from the top of a police car and spot an officer walking towards you with a flashlight. This is when you realize you've driven up to a NH sobriety checkpoint.
All but ten states allow sobriety checkpoints, and each state maintains its own procedure for carrying them out. Some common components of a sobriety checkpoint include the following:
- Checkpoints occur in a high traffic area or a location populated by restaurants and bars.
- Drivers receive proper advance notice, such as warning cones or flashing lights.
- A police officer satisfactorily trained in conducting sobriety checks should be visible to the general public.
- The sobriety checkpoint does not cause or exacerbate heavy traffic patterns.
- There should be a well outlined process before setting up the road blocks.
- Sobriety checkpoints are one component of a community's effort to curb or eradicate driving under the influence.
The experienced DWI lawyers at Tenn And Tenn, P.A., in Manchester, New Hampshire can help you if you have been charged with DWI. Whether you drove upon a NH sobriety checkpoint or a police officer pulled you over, our DWI attorneys can help protect your legal rights. DWI laws can be complex, and working with an experienced New Hampshire DWI lawyer is a choice you can't afford not to make.
Call us today at (888) 332-5855.
"The team at Tenn And Tenn are hands down the best legal representation I have had the pleasure to work with."Justin B.
"I could not have been more fortunate to have selected the offices of Tenn & Tenn. 10/5 stars!"Davin S.
"Had I not hired John Tenn as my attorney, I don't think I would have gotten nearly as much from my settlement as I did."Darren S.
A Family Firm
We are a family committed to providing excellent service to our clients.
Statewide ServiceWe work hard to obtain the best results possible for clients throughout New Hampshire.
Trial-Tested AttorneysOur lawyers are experienced courtroom advocates who are ready to take your case to trial to obtain justice.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our award-winning legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 332-5855.