New Hampshire Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Car accidents can result in a variety of injuries ranging from minor or moderate to serious or even catastrophic. There are many factors such as the severity of the crash and the safety devices in the vehicle that could determine the nature and extent of the injuries sustained in a car crash. If you have or a loved one has been injured in a collision, our experienced NH car accident lawyers can help you better understand your legal rights and options.
Common Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
Here are a few examples of common injuries suffered in car crashes:
- Brain injury: Any time there is a sudden impact to the head, there is the potential for a brain injury. Brain damage may also occur in accidents involving a sudden collision that forces the victim's brain to strike the inside of his or her skull. In either case, the resulting symptoms can result in permanent disabilities, memory issues, loss of physical and cognitive abilities and substantial physical pain.
- Back injuries: The amount of torque that the body undergoes in a collision can result in devastating back injuries. Common back injuries include herniated disks, whiplash, sprains, strains, fractures and spinal cord injuries. Many of these types of injuries get progressively worse over time if they are not properly diagnosed and treated.
- Broken bones: It is common for victims of New Hampshire car accidents to suffer broken bones in their arms, legs, chest and neck. Many of these types of injuries require surgery, physical therapy and other types of rehabilitative services.
- Neck injuries: A sudden jerk of the neck can result in whiplash, neck strain and fractured vertebrae. These types of injuries can leave a victim with chronic pain and lack of mobility.
- Emotional distress: Many victims of serious injury accidents suffer from emotional issues in addition to their physical injuries. Drivers and passengers involved in a devastating accident may suffer substantial emotional duress, post-traumatic stress disorder and other psychological disorders such as depression.
Fatal New Hampshire Car Accidents
Not all victims survive their injuries. According to The Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), 110 people were killed in New Hampshire car accidents in the year 2009. That number reflects a 20 percent decrease from the 138 car accident fatalities reported in the year 2008. The family of a deceased car accident victim, in cases where negligence or wrongdoing is involved, can file a wrongful death lawsuit seeking compensation for damages including medical expenses, funeral costs and lost future income and benefits.
There are a number of ways in which victims of car crashes may seek financial compensation for their medical bills, physical suffering, time away from work and other related damages. New Hampshire is a "fault" state. This means that at-fault drivers may be held liable for the damages they cause. Some cases require the victim to pursue compensation through his or her own health or auto insurance. Other cases afford the victim an opportunity to pursue financial compensation through the at-fault driver's insurance company. Each case is different and it often takes a skilled personal injury lawyer to determine what options are available to the victim.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a New Hampshire car accident:
- Contact the authorities right away and obtain a copy of the accident report;
- Exchange information with the other motorists and obtain contact information for eyewitnesses;
- Seek medical attention promptly; and
Contact an experienced New Hampshire car accident attorney.
The skilled NH auto accident lawyers at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. have a long history of protecting the rights of our injured clients. We know how to pursue fair compensation for serious injuries and how to hold at-fault motorists accountable for their actions.
Call us today at (888) 332-5855 for a free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.
"The team at Tenn And Tenn are hands down the best legal representation I have had the pleasure to work with."Justin B.
"I could not have been more fortunate to have selected the offices of Tenn & Tenn. 10/5 stars!"Davin S.
"Had I not hired John Tenn as my attorney, I don't think I would have gotten nearly as much from my settlement as I did."Darren S.
A Family Firm
We are a family committed to providing excellent service to our clients.
Statewide ServiceWe work hard to obtain the best results possible for clients throughout New Hampshire.
Trial-Tested AttorneysOur lawyers are experienced courtroom advocates who are ready to take your case to trial to obtain justice.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our award-winning legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 332-5855.