Laconia Bike Week in New Hampshire has long been considered the oldest motorcycle rally in the world, with over 90 years of history to show for it. For decades, motorcycle enthusiasts and bikers have used Laconia Bike Week as a ride-in rally to make new friends, while enjoying the various events and forms of entertainment, including live music, bike shows, tours, and contests. This year is no exception to the greatness; from June 14 to June 22, 2014, Bike Week in Laconia will celebrate 91 years as the country’s leading motorcycle rally.
Tips on How to Avoid DWIs and Motorcycles Crashes at Bike Week
Here are some tips on how to avoid DWI arrests and motorcycle crashes at Laconia Week:
- Limit your alcohol intake. Keeping the number of alcoholic drinks below three or four will lessen the effect of alcohol on your body, and will also take a shorter amount of time to wear off.
- Never ride your motorcycle while under the influence; wait at least 6 or more hours after consuming alcohol before you drive. This will give the alcohol a chance to wear off completely
- If possible, have someone who is alcohol-free with you. If you need to go somewhere but you are still under the influence, this person can act as a designated driver.
- Wear brightly colored clothing when riding at night and keep your headlight on. Make sure that your headlight is maintained and working at all times; this is a required law in most states, including New Hampshire.
- Never swerve in front of another vehicle or bike and avoid aggressive riding. Aggressive riding is the number one cause of motorcycle-related accidents and injuries in the United States.
- Pay close attention to intersections and always slow down before approaching one. Quite a few motorcycle accidents have occurred from other vehicles crashing into motorcycles at intersections, especially left-turning vehicles. Always keep in mind that vehicles that are crossing the intersection are expecting cars, not motorcycles.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident and it was due to what you believe to be a negligent driver, contact an experienced motorcycle injury law firm in New Hampshire. Always look twice and obey the speed limits and have your motorcycle inspected and checked for safety. The Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. wish all our fellow bikers a safe and wonderful time in Laconia.
Any events that are listed here may change at any time:
- Shuttle Service: Shuttle service for concerts will be available on Sunday, June 15th, at 6 pm until the concert ends, Thursday, June 19th between 6 pm and 1 am, and Friday, June 20th, and Saturday, June 21st between Noon and 1 am.
- Weirs Beach Boardwalk: The Weirs Beach Boardwalk is open between 8 am and 9 pm.
- Rally In The Valley Rides And Events: The Rally in the Valley Rides and Events includes guided scenic rides between Sunday and Friday, along with live music and promos between 8:30 pm and 11:30 pm every night.
- Laconia Roadhouse: The Laconia Roadhouse is an entertainment tent that is open at 10 am.