Motorcyclists in New Hampshire can choose many different types of insurance coverage for themselves and their bikes. In order to ensure you have full coverage in case of an accident, however, it’s wise to include the following types of coverage in your motorcycle insurance plan:
- Bodily injury insurance limits of at least $250,000. This insurance coverage is designed to pay medical bills if you, a loved one, or another person is injured in an accident.
- Excess liability or umbrella coverage of at least $1 million.
- Minimum medical payments coverage of at least $10,000.
- Uninsured/underinsured limits of at least $500,000. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage ensures that payments are available even if another driver involved in the accident does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover the costs of the motorcycle accident, including medical bills.
In addition, New Hampshire motorcycle riders should talk to a qualified insurance agent about the following types of coverage:
- Collision covers damage to your motorcycle, no matter who caused the accident.
- Comprehensive covers damage due to theft, vandalism, flood, and similar events.
- Custom parts/equipment covers those parts of your motorcycle that are not part of its original build.
- Liability coverage protects you even if you are held responsible for a crash.
- Property damage covers damage to fences, houses, and similar property.
- Roadside assistance tows you to a repair shop if your motorcycle breaks down.
If you or someone you love has been in a motorcycle accident, please don’t hesitate to contact the experienced New Hampshire motorcycle accident attorneys at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. Call (888) 332-5855 today for a free and confidential consultation about your NH motorcycle accident.