Common Motorcyclist Injuries
New Hampshire Motorcycle Injury Lawyers
The Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists involved in New Hampshire motorcycle accidents often suffer serious injuries because of the lack of protection they have between themselves, the road or the vehicle with which they may have collided. Injured motorcyclists often face significant expenses to pay for medical bills, loss of wages, hospitalization, surgeries and other damages. Anyone who has been seriously injured in a New Hampshire motorcycle accident should immediately contact an experienced New Hampshire motorcycle injury lawyer who will advise them about their legal rights and options.
Most Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries
There is a wide range of injuries that can be suffered in a New Hampshire motorcycle accident. Some of the most common injuries sustained by motorcyclists include:
- Spinal cord injuries: The spinal cord is responsible for transmitting nerve impulses from the brain to the rest of the body. So, when the spinal cord is damaged, there is a chance that the victim will suffer severe pain, numbness or even paralysis. Motorcycle riders who fall on their backs or twist their spine could suffer major to catastrophic spinal cord injuries, which could lead to permanent disability.
- Brain damage: Many motorcycle accidents involve some level of head trauma. While many accidents result in mild concussions resulting in headaches and nausea, others can result in permanent disabilities. Wearing a protective helmet will greatly decrease the extent of injuries sustained. Victims of severe head trauma may suffer memory issues, personality changes, loss of physical abilities, reduced motor skills, issues with language and substantial pain.
- Road rash: This is a common term for the skin damage that occurs whenever unprotected skin scrapes against the pavement. This painful injury can result in permanent scars. Serious road rash injuries often require skin grafting, other surgeries and prolonged hospitalization.
- Bone fractures: Leg fractures are some of the most common injuries suffered by New Hampshire motorcycle riders. Victims often get their legs pinned between a car and their motorcycle or their motorcycle and the roadway. Other riders may suffer broken arms and wrists if they attempt to put out their arm to protect themselves during the crash. In major collisions, there is the possibility of suffering compound fractures and multiple broken bones. Fractures could require several weeks or months for complete recovery. Victims may also need physical therapy and other rehabilitation to recover fully.
- Disfigurement: Motorcycle riders and passengers may suffer disfigurement including facial scars and teeth damage. These types of injuries typically involve motorcycle riders who were not wearing a helmet, but they can occur in any major collision. Victims of facial injuries may require expensive plastic surgery which is not always covered by their insurance.
It is common for at-fault motorists to deny responsibility and for insurance companies to offer inadequate settlements. In such cases, the skilled New Hampshire motorcycle injury attorneys at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. are here to help injured victims and their families. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have a proven track record of handling motorcycle accident claims. Call the NH Motorcycle Accident Lawyers today at 1-888-511-1010 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.