Want to Clear Your NH Criminal Record?

Have you ever been convicted of a crime in New Hampshire? Is that conviction preventing you from obtaining a good job? Perhaps it’s time to Petition the Court to clear your criminal record. The NH Criminal Lawyers at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. in Manchester, NH can help.

NH Law allows most individuals who have been convicted of a crime to Annul or expunge their past criminal record as well as the record of their arrest. There are some limitations on what crimes can be removed from your record. And, prior to petitioning the Court, you must have remained of good behavior and conviction free for a prescribed period of time. If the Court approves your Petition and your criminal record is annulled, you are to be treated in all respects as if you had never been arrested, convicted, or sentenced for a crime.

If you have been previously convicted of a crime in NH and would like that conviction removed from your record, please call us. We have represented many people who deserve to have their records cleared of any past blemishes.

Filing a Petition to Annul in New Hampshire

Hiring an experienced NH criminal attorney to file your Petition is an important first step in clearing your criminal record and good name. All statutory requirements must be satisfied before any Petition is filed. Failing to meet NH’s specific annulment requirements will result in your Petition being automatically denied. Should denial occur, you will not be able to file any subsequent Petition to Annul for an additional three (3) years.

Being eligible for an annulment requires you to have remained conviction free from any further criminal activity for a prescribed number of years. This period of good behavior ranges from one year for a Violation level offense to ten years for certain Class A Felonies.  Additionally, you are required to file a Petition to Annul for each charge for which you were convicted and now seek an annulment. Finally, your annulment Petition needs to demonstrate to the court that you have successfully completed all of the terms of your sentence.

The Annulment Process

After your Petition to Annul is filed, it is presented to the prosecutor’s office for their assent or objection. Thereafter, whether or not the Court grants the Petition to annul is discretionary. The Judge who reviews and rules upon your Petition must determine whether granting your annulment request is warranted and “will assist in the petitioner’s rehabilitation and will be consistent with the public welfare.” At the time of your annulment hearing, it is critical that your Petition to Annul, and your oral presentation to the Court, bolster your need for rehabilitation and persuade the judge to grant your Petition.

Experienced NH Annulment Lawyers

Our NH Criminal Attorneys have helped many people Annul their NH criminal records. Researching your prior criminal history, confirming your eligibility for annulment, and preparing and filing your annulment Petition are all part of our process to help clear your name and your record. Our experienced annulment lawyers are here to help. We are available for a confidential and Free Telephone Consultation at (888) 332-5855.

The complete NH statute on Annulment of Criminal Records can be found at NH RSA 651:5 Annulment of Criminal Records

Related Posts
  • Can You Be Arrested for Your Child or Spouse’s Crime? Read More
  • Reliving your Arrest Again and Again: How to Deal with the Psychological Trauma Read More
  • Three Actions That Will Make Your Situation Worse After Getting Stopped for DUI in New Hampshire Read More
Why Choose Tenn And Tenn Let Our Family Help Your Family
  • A Family Firm

    We are a family committed to providing excellent service to our clients.

  • Statewide Service
    We work hard to obtain the best results possible for clients throughout New Hampshire.
  • Trial-Tested Attorneys
    Our lawyers are experienced courtroom advocates who are ready to take your case to trial to obtain justice.
Free Injury Consultations Available Contact Us Today

Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our award-winning legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 332-5855.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

Please do not include any confidential or sensitive information in a contact form, text message, or voicemail. The contact form sends information by non-encrypted email, which is not secure. Submitting a contact form, sending a text message, making a phone call, or leaving a voicemail does not create an attorney-client relationship.