Which Kind of New Hampshire Motorcycle License Do I Need?

New Hampshire requires motorcycle operators to have a motorcycle license or endorsement in order to ride in the state. The license or endorsement may be from New Hampshire or from another state. In order to get a New Hampshire motorcycle license or endorsement, a rider must pass both a written test and a driving test given by the Division of Motor Vehicles.

Like driver’s licenses for cars, motorcycle licenses differ depending on the kind of bike you plan to ride. Here is an overview of the types of motorcycle and motorcycle-related licenses or endorsements in New Hampshire and the types of vehicles they allow you to ride.

A motorcycle license or endorsement allows drivers to ride two-wheeled motorcycles, three-wheeled motorcycles, and mopeds. A driver’s license that states “motorcycle” allows the driver to operate both the types of vehicles covered by a driver’s license (regular cars and commercial vehicles) and motorcycles.

Three-Wheeled Motorcycle
A three-wheeled motorcycle license or endorsement allows the driver to ride three-wheeled motorcycles only. However, if the rider took his or her driving test on a two-wheeled motorcycle, he or she may ride either a two- or three-wheeled motorcycle.

Motor-Driven Cycle
A license or endorsement for a motor-driven cycle allows drivers to ride any motorcycle, moped, motor scooter, or motorized bicycle as long as the motor is five horsepower or less.

A moped-only license only allows the rider to ride a moped.

Choosing the right license helps bikers stay safe on the road by ensuring they have the skills they need to protect themselves in many dangerous situations. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle crash, the experienced New Hampshire motorcycle accident injury attorneys at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. can help. Call us today at (888) 332-5855, for a free and confidential telephone consultation.

Related Posts
  • Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in New Hampshire in 2023 Read More
  • Are Lane-Splitting and Lane-Filtering Legal in New Hampshire? Read More
  • The Physics of Motorcycle Crashes Read More
Why Choose Tenn And Tenn Let Our Family Help Your Family
  • A Family Firm

    We are a family committed to providing excellent service to our clients.

  • Statewide Service
    We work hard to obtain the best results possible for clients throughout New Hampshire.
  • Trial-Tested Attorneys
    Our lawyers are experienced courtroom advocates who are ready to take your case to trial to obtain justice.
Free Injury Consultations Available Contact Us Today

Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our award-winning legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 332-5855.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

Please do not include any confidential or sensitive information in a contact form, text message, or voicemail. The contact form sends information by non-encrypted email, which is not secure. Submitting a contact form, sending a text message, making a phone call, or leaving a voicemail does not create an attorney-client relationship.